Researchers around the world are identifying contaminants and impurities in the monovalent and bivalent COVID-19 genetic vaccines sold by both Pfizer and Moderna. Virologist Dr. David Speicher, PhD has reproduced these findings on the contents of vials sold in Canada. He and his team have published a preprint article with their findings. Dr. Speicher summarized the key points as being:
1. Using qPCR analysis, residual plasmid DNA from Process 2 manufacturing is found in all Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines as high as 4.27 ng/dose.
2. Using Qubit fluorometry, the residual plasmid DNA is as high as 5100 ng/dose. This is 188 – 509-fold excess of the FDA and WHO 10 ng/dose guidelines.
3. The Pfizer products contained more amplifiable DNA than Moderna and all Pfizer vials contain the SV40 promoter-enhancer-ori.
4. A positive dose-response relationship was found for the tested Pfizer lots based on qPCR estimation of residual DNA when compared to adverse events reported in the VAERS system.
5. The most recent Moderna XBB.1.5 updated vaccine contained similar DNA levels as other Moderna lots suggesting that DNA residues have not been reduced and remain an issue.